Monday, July 23, 2012

LOVELY LETTERPRESS



The two things I love the most in this world are antiques and design. (Yeah, I know, I need to get out more.) But groan all you want. I am a nerd. When creating the business system for Dewey Street I wanted utilize my two loves.

I chose to have our note cards letterpressed for a couple of reasons. For starters, letterpress is incredibly sexy. The combination of heavy paper, ink, and metal plates that actually imprint your design, elevate it beyond your normal 4 color print job. Letterpress is also really old school. Originally everything was printed in this manor. Typesetting was an art form. But as technology changed, so too did design and printing processes. Letterpress isn't widely used now but, the old machines and lead type evoke that warm fuzzy feeling of nostalgia. I also chose to letterpress because I wanted to support local artists here in Las Vegas. We teamed with Somersault Letterpress who opened in June of 2011. They have produced the most exquisite invitations, stationary, postcards and notecards.

The proof is in the pudding. Check out our new notecards.






See what I mean? Sexy. 
-Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment